Thanks to all the people who read my blog, provided critique and underwent extreme mental torture (making sense of my writing) as English is not my first language and I suck at it.
I want to thank all of you for being so awesome and bearing with it.
(I think we need to thank people more for all the little things they do in life to make others happy, appreciation does wonders)
Thank you again
With love from India
(PS lud in Bulgarian means insane and in Hungarian means goose)
Push beyond your limits, Here’s a collection of motivational videos if you ever feel down or don’t feel like doing anything.
People regret the things they didn’t do rather than the things they did the most.
The quote that always keeps me going. 😉
And for the icing, here’s a picture of my nephew.
Often I am asked about how I am so focused, productive and active, and I always tell people how easy it is to be focused, productive and active, You just gotta do “The most illogical thing to do” at that moment.The key here is to not listen to your body, instead forcing your body to do the opposite. (Obviously this won’t work in every scenario, but you can apply this in almost every situation where you feel angry, sad or lazy).
Easy three step process
- First think of how you are feeling right now, Is it sad, angry, lazy.
- Think of the most illogical thing you might want to do
- Just do it!
- Assume you are feeling angry, what you would feel like doing is getting angry on someone, using profanity or beating someone up, so the most illogical thing to do is not do either of these, you gotta force your brain and your body to not give in to anger.
- Second scenario, Assume it’s early morning you don’t want to get out of bed, you body tells you to relax and let time pass, don’t listen to your body, do what’s the most illogical thing, get up, storm the front, exercise, take shower.
There are plenty of similar scenarios in my life where my mind tells me to do things, but my body won’t cooperate, so I force it to cooperate.
At first your body will be like “No, this won’t happen, not in my reign”, but if you keep at it, It will soon obey all your wishes. Our body wants to be lazy, don’t let it have what it wants, you need to deprive it of comfort and push forward like there’s no tomorrow.
It took me months to master this process, But I am loving every bit of it.
This along with few religious rituals (religious rituals as in things you must do every day , like finishing something before you go to sleep.) will boost your productivity.
PS: Read Deep Work @ Amazon, it is a lovely book. thought don’t take in as is, adopt what you like, leave rest of the stuff out.
I told my friends and my family about my decision of quitting tech (“job”) scene and doing something which isn’t mainstream, they were shocked at first but then they came to terms with it, though the series of questions on why I am quitting tech (job) scene won’t stop, so I thought why not make a list of all the valid points(in what I find valid, though they might/might not be rational).
So here I go
- It isn’t fun anymore. (whenever I say that people ask a simple cross question “It isn’t supposed to be fun, jobs aren’t supposed to be fun. what did you expect?” to which I reply “not for me” so far long (12 years period.) I have enjoyed the tech scene I don’t regret any bit of it. But in the past year I have seen it become shit ( 😦 ) maybe I am just getting old or whatever happened, modern world™ isn’t any better, people will realize how shitty it will get once they realize how they are being manipulated by modern world™ technology. exploiting human biases to create human experience™ and appending everything with ™. Do take a look at this awesome article, long yet worth the read : https://medium.com/@tristanharris/how-technology-hijacks-peoples-minds-from-a-magician-and-google-s-design-ethicist-56d62ef5edf3#.da6is48gl)
- It fucked me up real good, with 12 years of fiddling computer, I ended up with broken relations, fucked up life, depressed (because oh my, virtual world was so awesome and whenever I went back to reality it hurt like a fucking truck and it is true our brain gets disappointed it adds up.) and shitton of knowledge about obscure features, programming languages and various computer related things which aren’t exactly useful in real life or today’s modern world™/modern tech scene
- double clicking on the top left corner of any window (windows program) make it exit and it has been there since windows 98.
- Life Happened. I found out what it feels like to be alive, also I don’t want to spend rest of my life sitting in front of a dumb af computer (which will soon be smart thanks to the modern world™ and will end up eliminating humans, SKYNET IS HERE!.)
I can write more about it but I will leave it as is.
image href : https://xkcd.com/1479/
As my new life unfolds and my old one fades away (college sure was interesting :3) , I would like to link to an article I read recently.
(PS : I love raptitude, almost all of his posts hit me like a fucking truck, the language is so simple and effective.)
I would like you to take few minutes out of your busy schedule (pffft, everything is priorities is what I believe, but anyways) and read it.
Out of self-defense, many of us easily settle into scarcity thinking, finding a paradoxical sort of comfort in the idea that there’s never going to be quite enough of anything. We apply this basic idea to all the areas of our lives that matter: Doing what you love for a living is a pipe dream! All the good men are married already! This world is going straight to hell! The good jobs go to people with connections!
We’re always going to be dealing with real limitations in life, but we create a lot of suspiciously absolute beliefs to prevent ourselves from actually bumping up against these limitations. The fearful part of the mind knows you don’t have to have the experience of failure or disappointment as long as you believe trying is a waste of time.
I am midway through my life (considering my life expectancy to be < 50 😦 ), I have been through a lot, made many friends, few best friends (for whom I will do non-trivial sacrifices), been in and out of depression a lot. I finally think I am stable and free of regret from my past life.
I always regretted of
- Not being able to tell people how they have made a difference in my life
- Not being able to tell the person I liked, how much I liked her (missing text here)
- Not being able to appreciate what my parents and those dear to me(that includes my friends and everyone I missed) did for me, because of me being an idiot and naive (If you guys can forgive me for that please kindly do.)
- Not able to live in present and always worrying about the future. (what will happen will happen, This too shall pass ;)).
- Not being able to appreciate life, skills I have.
I never thought this day would come but now I am finally free, free of my regrets.
From now begins a new chapter in life, a new beginning.
Live in present, Go ahead and tell the person you like, how much you like her because there may not be any tomorrow.
PS : The girl I liked (and still do) loves someone else, hope in some distant/near future/alternate reality we will cross paths again, maybe at that time I will be a bit different.